Call Me Mister
Artist and Detroit native currently living and working in Baltimore MD. What you'll find here: notes, experiments, things I'm thinking about, looking at, or working on.
6 | 1.1.2013 | 1 year ago
I know there are still some folks out there having trouble getting Avidemux to run on Mac OS X 10.7+ (Lion and Mountain Lion). I was organizing my bookmarks this morning (I know, I know), and here is a quick fix to get Avidemux running smoothly—well as smoothly as it ever ran—on Lion and Mtn Lion machines. This is the fix I used when upgrading my OS this past Fall and it worked very well.
- Download Avidemux from it’s official repository ;
- Open the DMG archive and copy “avidemux2″ to your “Applications” folder ;
- Browse to the “Applications” folder, select “avidemux2″ (control or right click) and select the “Show Package Content” option ;
- Browse to “Contents/Resources/lib” and delete the “libiconv.2.dylib” and “libxml2.2.dylib” files ;
- Browse back to the “Applications” folder and start “avidemux2″.
I can confirm this works well with OS X 10.8 (Mtn Lion) and Avidemux 2.5.4.
As I understand it, it also works well with OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Apparently you can also use Terminal to remove these library files as well (Not the method I used, I’m not very Terminal savvy).
# cd /Applications/avidemux2.app/Contents/Resources/lib
# rm libiconv.2.dylib libxml2.2.dylib
I found this fix here
Happy New Year